10 Best Angle Grinder – Reviews & Buying Guide 2021
Angle grinders are a versatile power tool. This tool comes with an interchangeable abrasive disc or cutting wheel. However, the best Angle grinders are mostly used for cutting and polishing. Regardless of the work being a simple home improvement or large-scale construction work, an angle grinder always comes in handy. The concerning matter is there are safety risks involved with using this tool. However, the best angle grinders are well-designed to perform with versatility and safety. Its versatility and risks may make many people think that only professionals can use angle grinders. But the truth is everyone, including beginners, can use this maintaining all the safety precautions.
Now, you may think about how you will find the best angle grinder among hundreds of options in the market. But hey! No more panic attacks! Here we have enlisted some of the best angle grinders out there that we consider safe even for beginners. So read thoroughly and choose the best angle grinder for your work.
The Top 10 individual reviews
DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool, Paddle Switch, 4-1/2-Inch, 11-Amp (DWE402)
The DEWALT DWE402 angle grinder is a USA-based industrial quality power tool. This DWE402 is a 115 mm or 4.5-inch small angle hand grinder. This has the most powerful motor (11 amps) of any angle grinder on our list. This powerful angle grinder comes with three significant features. The first one is the dust ejection system. This innovative system prevents any damaging dust from entering the grinder tool. Also, this feature keeps the fust, hot debris, and grinding particles away from the user’s arms and hands. The second one is One-Touch Guard for 360-degree rotation. This feature enables you to effortlessly and swiftly change position. The third one is Quick-Change Wheel Release that ensures easy wheel removal. However, its lightweightness, durability, and power are also admirable. All these features make this DEWALT DWE402 a convenient and time-saving angle grinder. Therefore, this high-quality construction and power made us select this one as one of the best ten Angle Grinders.
- Comes with a One-touch guard. This allows it to perform 360-degree rotation with a single action.
- Product dimensions are 15.63 x 5.94 x 4.81 inches
- Power Source: Corded-Electric
- Includes a paddle switch with safety lock-off to prevent accidental start-up.
- Comes with a Dust Ejection System. This system works by ejecting damaging dust and debris particles that enter the metal grinder. Therefore, the system ensures durability.
- The voltage on this grinder is 120v, 11 Amps, 1400 watts
- Has an 11,000 RPM (revs per minute) powered motor
- The angle grinder comes with Oversized brushes.
- DEWALT angle grinder provides 2 times brush life than its previous models.
- Comes with Large spiral bevel gear. This provides the grinder a long transmission life.
- The best power to weight/size ratio
- light and balanced
- sits in one hand perfectly.
- 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty available
- convenient and user-friendly 2 position handle
- Comes with a small gripping surface for added comfort
- tool-less disc change feature available
- Most unlikely to burn-up due to heavy-load
- At the time of heavy-load, it disengages the motor drive to protect the motor and disc from damage.
Cons with Solutions
- Doesn’t come with a wheel attached
- The accessory adjustment procedure can be a bit hassling.
- The paddle may be a bit uncomfortable to use during prolonged use
- Doesn’t come with a sturdy carry case
Our solution would be to carry your own tool bag or toolbox that would carry all the necessary pieces of equipment you would require.
Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 Fuel 4.5"/5" Angle Grinder
Our next pick is the Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 Fuel 4.5″/5″ Angle Grinder. According to Milwaukee, this 2780-20 model happens to have 10X longer motor life than any standard angle grinder. This corded angle grinder comes with amazing ergonomics, an attached sidebar, and a paddle switch. These features make handling and controlling this power tool pretty easy. Additionally, its brushless engine is a charm itself. This allows the user to conduct heavy-duty cutting and grinding operations. This model also has metal housing to protect from impact damage. Furthermore, its lightweightness and stain-free operating procedure will definitely make you choose this wondrous model.
- Corded grinder, but comes with cordless features.
- Every accessory can be changed without any tool.
- Weighs 5.38lbs.
- Speed is 8,500 RPM.
- You can do guard adjustments without a wrench.
- Product Dimensions are 2.3 x 12.9 x 7.6 inches.
- Arbor Size is 5/8″-11.
- Comes with POWERSTATE Brushless Motor. This allows the grinder to deliver maximum power. Also, this feature ensures up to 10X longer motor life.
- This angle grinder features a Paddle-switch design. This helps to increase comfort and convenience. Thus you can operate this in multiple positions effortlessly.
- Comes with the REDLINK PLUS Intelligence feature. This feature protects the grinder from the damage caused by overloading. Again, it enables electronic clutches. Also, Redlink Plus Intelligence ensures an optimized performance.
- The synchronization of system communication among tool, battery, and charger provides an enhanced performance
- The material of this angle grinder is the same metal housing as any high-performance corded grinders. Similar case for the gearing system as well. These make this angle grinder a durable one.
- This angle grinder uses REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Battery Pack as the power source. This battery enables superior pack construction, electronics, and performance. This is why this one delivers 2X more run-time and more work over pack life.
- Durable construction makes it last long
- Ergonomic design
- 5-year warranty
- Stellar performance is admirable
- The paddle switch is convenient enough
- Portability is great
- Easily controllable
- Handly and comfortable to use
Cons with Solution
- Battery life is short
- Not suitable for heavy metal works
- no battery or charger is included in the packaging
- Does not come with a grinding wheel. That is sold separately.
It may not be a good idea to use this for big projects. Rather, it would be safe if you used this in small and quick projects. Also, try carrying your own tool bag or toolbox that would contain necessary pieces of equipment. Furthermore, charge this tool frequently.
BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 4.5" Angle Grinder
Let us present you with one of the sleekest designs from our list. We are talking about the BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 4.5″ Angle Grinder. These angle grinders are a versatile tool for many different types of projects. The projects include removing rust, grinding, cutting, surface preparation, and sharpening. This Black & Decker BDEG400 4-1/2″ 6 Amp Angle Grinder can deliver 10,000 rpm per operation. The grinder comes with a metal gear case. This amazing case provides the grinder with a long lifespan and durability. Additionally, this angle grinder features a three-position side handle. This remarkable feature provides added comfort and better control while working with various materials and angles. The packaging of the angle grinder includes a 4-1/2″ angle grinder, a spanner wrench, and a metal grinding wheel. Hence, you get rid of carrying an extra tool bag. Also, the Angle Grinder features a handy spindle lock. The spindle lock ensures easy accessory changes. And, the convenient on-off switch makes turning on/off procedure easy. Therefore, if you are looking for an affordable, yet powerful and versatile angle grinder, do not give a second thought to buy this one.
- Comes with a metal gear case. This ensures durability and longer life of the grinder.
- This angle grinder comes with a Narrow body. This provides a comfortable grip whenever you are working.
- Features 3 Position side handle. This feature provides added comfort and control.
- Features an operational speed of 10,000 RPM.
- Includes the Spindle lock feature. This feature makes the procedure of changing accessories easy.
- the spindle size range of 5/8″ – 11”.
- The whole package includes a 4-1/2″ Small-angle grinder, a Spanner wrench, a Metal grinding wheel, and a Wheel Guard.
- The grinder has a One-Touch Release Switch. You can easily and rapidly turn off your grinder whenever you need it.
- Weighs 4.51 pounds.
- Supports 4.5-inch grinding wheels.
- Product Dimensions are 12.5 x 5.19 x 4.63 inches.
- Power Source: Corded-Electric
- Required voltage: 120 Volts
- A one-touch release switch makes the shut-off process swift and easy.
- Features a convenient design.
- Compact and sturdy
- Grinding Wheel Included
- The narrow-body shape makes easy handling.
- The lightweight feature makes the grinder controllable.
- Metal gear case ensures great durability.
- Ensures user safety.
- Impressive Maneuverability.
- Comes with a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Cons and Solution
- May not have long-lastisity.
- In some cases, the switch is difficult to turn off
- The 6.5-amp motor doesn’t provide enough power for big projects.
Solution: Check the packaging thoroughly. Also, do not rush while turning the machine off. Again, try using this one for comparatively smaller projects.
Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2" Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder
The Makita 9557PBX1 4-½ -Inch Angle Grinder is one of the strongest performing angle grinders on our list. This versatile product is indeed a great option when your main focus is metalwork. The Makita angle grinder features a 7.5 amp motor to provide you high performance at a compact size. The angle grinder has a great balancing feature and a small diameter grip. These two features make it easy to handle and give better control. It comes with a durable aluminum case to protect your tool from any harm and boost longevity. These lightweight angle grinder AC and DC power buttons give you alternative power options. Additionally, this Makita angle grinder’s packaging includes extra grinding wheels and a brush. Thus, now you know why it is worth the cost. So you can definitely keep this solid, powerful, rugged, durable, and comfortable as an option.
- Features a powerful 7.5 AMP motor. This ensures a high output power.
- Weighs only 4.5 pounds.
- Power Source: Electric-powered
- Comes with Lock on/off feature. This ensures for continuous operation.
- Happens to have a small diameter barrel grip. It is only 2 to 1/2 inches. This feature provides added comfort.
- An important feature of this angle grinder is the AC/DC switch. This enables the usage of alternative power sources.
- The grinder has the protective zig zig varnish. This helps sealing the armature. Thus the armature gets protection from dust and debris. Also, it gets a longer tool life.
- Comes with Extra large paddle switch. It enables comfortable operation.
- Has Thicker coil wires which are wound pretty closely. This allows reducing energy loss and heat.
- Features the All ball bearing design and metal gear housing. These two features ensure durability.
- Includes 4 1/2inches General Purpose Turbo Rim Diamond Blade A 94552
- Includes 4 1/2 grinding wheels
- Comes with Diamond wheel
- Features the Labyrinth construction. This seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris. Thus, the grinder gets a longer life.
- a good amount of power
- has a great balance
- safe and easy to operate
Cons with Solutions
- Comes with only a 1 year warranty.
- Difficult to change attachments.
- Gets heated a bit too fast.
- No protection from overheating.
- Motor may smoke due to excessive heat.
Solution: make sure you do not keep on using it continuously for multiple hours and for big projects. Carry necessary tools if you need to change attachments.
Metabo – 4.5″ Angle Grinder – 10, 500 Rpm – 8.5 Amp W/Non-Lock Paddle (600380420 9-115 Quick), Professional Angle Grinders
If you are looking for an angle grinder with extraordinary material removing power, then you will definitely love the Metabo W9-115 8.5-Amp 10,500 RPM Angle Grinder. The angle grinder features a patented longlife motor that is enhanced with cooling capabilities. As a result, the grinder gets an extended service life. The Metabo W 9-15 quick 4 1/2-inch angle grinder comes with advanced safety features, tool less adjustment feature, and twist proof guard feature. It also has the tool less M-Quick accessory exchange feature for swift setup. Again, the S-Automatic slip clutch feature reduces kickback and improves security. The Metabo compact angle grinder gives you a convenient experience, thanks to its integrated paddle switch and body handle. Additionally, the grinder features An auto-stop carbon brush design. This builds a protection for the motor from extreme overloads. Above all, this versatile angle grinder is equipped with a rotating gear housing for left-handed usage. For comfortable and trouble free operations, this model is indeed a great one!
- The packaging of this angle grinder includes Metabo W 9-15 quick 4 1/2-inch angle grinder, a M-Quick flange, and side handle.
- This also comes with a guard and guard support.
- This Metabo angle grinder features a high output 510-watt or 8.5-Amp motor. This powerful and longLife motor provides heavy-duty service. Also this motor enables the grinder to perform extended operations
- Comes with M-Quick accessory connection. This feature is specialized for providing fast setups.
- Features Twist-proof guard along with tool-less adjustment. Manufacturer has included these features for ensuring optimum safety.
- Has the S Automatic clutch. This feature prevents kickbacks.
- Comes with the Restart protection feature. This amazing feature ensures a safe use, especially during power interruptions.
- This has a Compact body handle. The handle, along with the integrated switch, results in reduced fatigue.
- Features the Rotating gear housing with 90-degree steps. This works for improving adaptability.
- Comes with Auto-stop carbon brushes. The brushes protect this powerful motor motor.
- Compact and powerful motor.
- Ideal for professional contractors.
- Can be used even on stainless steel.
- High torque capacity.
- Less vibration.
- 3-year warranty
- Quickly changeable wheel.
- Follows german engineering and ingenuity.
- Suitable for heavy-duty applications.
- Entry level price, yet performs like a high priced one.
Cons and solutions
- Packaging does not include any accessory.
- Packaging may not impress you much.
- Weighs a bit much.
Solution: Carry your own tool bag or tool box to get your necessary accessories whenever you need.
Bosch GWS18V-45 18V 4-1/2 In. Angle Grinder (Bare Tool)
The Bosch GWS18V-45 18-Volt 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder is one of the most ideal portable cordless grinders in the market. So if you are looking for an angle grinder with professional power, it will be a great option for you. It comes with 0-10000 no load RPMs. This extraordinary power makes cutting and grinding of extremely abrasive materials pretty effortless. It features an optimized gear structure along with four-brush motor design. It provides the user with reduced operator fatigue and better control over the tool. It is because of its two-position Vibration Control side handle. Above all, this Bosch angle grinder is engineered with Bosch’s Electronic Cell Protection and Electronic Motor Protection. This makes sure your grinder gets a long life and serves you better every time.
- The Bosch GWS18V-45 18V Angle Grinder delivers all-day grinding and cutting power.
- The angle grinder comes with Electronic Motor Protection and Bosch’s Electronic Cell Protection features. These features provide a long life for the tool.
- Battery Chemistry: Lithium Ion
- Product Dimensions are 12.5 x 2.8 x 3.7 inches.
- The Bosch GWS18V-45 18-Volt 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder delivers outstanding grinding clout. It is all because of its four-brush motor design. With this exceptional feature, users get a cordless tool that doesn’t forgo performance in favor of maneuverability.
- This grinder is engineered with 0-10,000 no-load rpm. This enables the user to work with the toughest cutting and grinding materials.
- Weighs 5 pounds.
- The Bosch GWS18V-45 18V angle grinder features a two-position Vibration Control side handle. This reduces user fatigue, provides a comfortable control, and smooth grinding.
- Required Voltage is 18 Volts.
- The grinder features burst resistant wheel guard and restart protection. These two features protect users from accidents.
- For further protection, the grinder comes with a tool-less quick-change.
- The Bosch GWS18V-45 18V Angle Grinder provides outstanding cutting ability and is optimized for metal applications.
- Impressive battery life.
- Admirable Sheerness.
- Optimized gear structure
- Great maneuverability.
- Outstanding cutting ability, especially metals.
- Long motor life.
- Amazing safety features for both the tool and the user.
- Two-position vibration control side handle offers comfortable control.
Cons with Solutions
- Packaging neither includes its battery, nor the charger.
- Only 1 year warranty.
- Slightly noisy.
- Body is a bit too large.
- guard angles are hard to adjust.
Solution: Do not worry about only one year warranty. Manufacturer’s warranty has to be requested from customer service. take your own tool box or tool bag to carry batteries, charger, and other required stuff.
PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder Tool, 4-1/2-Inch, Tool Only (PCC761B)
The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder Tool is designed for ensuring fast material removal. This angle grinder operates at 8,500 that can easily perform aggressive cutting, material removal, and finishing. This features an amazingly durable motor to deliver great performance. It has this 20V Max System that makes it a great performer in the cordless platform. For dissipating heat produced by extended use, this angle grinder has Cast metal gear housing feature. The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder also features the 3-Position Side Handle. This feature allows the user to have a control in myriad positions. This angle grinder cares for your comfort during work as well. This is why it is engineered with Contoured Overmolded Handle optimizer.
- Offers High performance motor. It produces 8,500 rpm for aggressive cutting, removal and finishing
- PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder is engineered with cast metal gear housing. This feature allows for dissipation of the heat caused by extended use of the grinder.
- Product Dimensions are 15.31 x 6 x 6 inches.
- There is a Contoured Overmolded Handle available. This feature of the hand grinder is optimized for increased comfort.
- Weighs 6.75 pounds.
- The grinder features a Spindle lock system. This feature allows the user to change the wheel swiftly and easily.
- This one is battery (Lithium Ion) powered.
- The Porter grinder comes with the 3-Position Side Handle. This handle enables the user to control the grinder in different positions.
- Required voltage is 20 volts.
- Another important feature is the Tool Free Guard. This feature makes the guard adjustment procedure pretty quick and easy.
- The grinder has a 20V Max System. This amazing feature ensures High performance cordless platform.
- One of the least noisy angle grinders in the market.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty service.
- Impressive build quality and performance.
- Package includes a couple of crucial accessories that include cutting and grinding disks.
- Great power and speed, compared to its price.
- Easy to hold.
- Provides comfortable experience.
- Easy to change out
- Admirable maneuverability.
Cons with Solutions
- Heavy-duty use is not advisable.
- Packaging does not come with its battery and charger.
- Better for smaller projects.
- Does not have torque.
- Works comparatively slow when you use it on excessive abrasive materials.
Solution: check the packaging thoroughly if everything, even a screw is present. Try not to use this on excessive abrasive materials. Get a good quality battery if you want to see its best performance.
AVID POWER Angle Grinder
The AVID POWER Angle Grinder is a professional 900 W angle grinder. This powerful angle grinder operates at no load speed of 11000 RPMs. Thus, it provides a great service in cutting, grinding, rust removing, and polishing. This lightweight and compact angle grinder ensures a better comfort for its users. Again, this AVID POWER Angle Grinder is equipped with a 2-Position auxiliary handle position. This feature provides a better control and advanced comfort for the user. This versatile angle grinder comes with ergonomic design, integrated spindle lock, and fast heat dissipation feature. Above all, this convenient AVID angle grinder features a protective cover for ultimate protection of motor and user.
- Avid Power Angle Grinder is engineered with a 7.5 Amps motor.
- Comes with 900W max output power.
- This angle grinder can produce a no-load speed of 11000RPM. This speed makes the work procedure easy for the majority of the demanding applications.
- The angle grinder features an Ergonomic Design. As a result, the grinder is lightweight, slim, and compact in size. This convenient design helps to reduce fatigue and provides better comfort. So you can continue your professional cutting and grinding applications without having much stress.
- This angle grinder enables Convenient Operation for its users. It has an Integrated spindle lock on the disc grinder. This feature ensures an easy and quick wheel replacement.
- This features 2-Position auxiliary handle position. This provides admirable versatility, comfort, and greater control in every application.
- The angle grinder is engineered with Safety Protection features.
- There is a protective cover for the portable angle grinder. This cover protects the grinder from metal chips, debris, dust, and metal sparks. Also, this very same feature protects you from injuries too!
- The Packaging Includes 2 x Metal grinding wheel , 2 x Cutting wheel, and 1 x Side handle. Also, it includes 1 x Spanner, 1 x Flap discs, user manual and US based customer service.
- Required voltage is 120 Volts
- Power source is Corded-electric
- Weighs 5.07 pounds.
- Great maneuverability.
- Convenient to use.
- Packaging includes crucial and required tools.
Cons with Solutions
- The grinder’s On / Off switch is made for right-handed operators (right thumb).
- Not beginner friendly.
- It does not come with a case.
Solution: be careful while using this if you are a beginner. Do check the packaging thoroughly and see if everything is present. Carry a separate tool box or tool bag.
SKIL 9295-01 6.0 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
This wondrous tool, SKIL 9295-01 6.0 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder features a powerful 6 Amp motor. This power tool operates at 11000 RPM. consequently, the angle grinder is capable of cutting through abrasive materials. If you are worried about the troublesome wheel changing or adjustment procedure, then worry no more! This angle grinder comes with a tool less guard adjustment feature for convenient adjustment process. Additionally, it is engineered with compact grip design for effortless control and ultimate comfort. This SKIL angle grinder is equipped with heavy duty metal gear housing. This makes this grinder both durable and user-friendly at the same time.
- The packaging includes some required accessories. Those accessories are a Metal Grinding Wheel, Side Assist Handle, wrench storage, and Spanner Wrench.
- SKIL 9295-01 6.0 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder is engineered with a Powerful 6.0 Amp Motor. This powerful motor allows it to deliver a long performance.
- This angle grinder produces 11,000 RPM. Thus, this angle grinder gets enough power to cut through abrasive materials.
- Required Input power (ampere) is 720W.
- The angle grinder features a Tool-less guard. This turns the hassling procedure of making adjustments pretty quick and easy.
- This SKIL angle grinder is manufactured with Heavy duty metal gear housing. This wondrous engineering adds to its ruggedness and durability.
- Product Dimensions are 13.1 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches.
- This angle grinder features Compact grip design. This feature ensures comfort and control.
- It has a Vibration-reducing handle. So you get a better working experience with less shaking!
- Weighs 4.03 pounds.
- This is an electric powered angle grinder.
- Amazingly Powerful grinder.
- Its maneuverability is Admirable.
- Provides Comfortable and convenient experience.
- Compact grip design makes it easy to have a grip.
- Packaging contains crucial and required accessories.
- Its vibration is so less that you almost get a smooth sound experience.
- Easily controllable.
- Lightweight feels.
- Amazingly Ergonomic
- Works really well for DIY projects.
- Its Durability is pretty impressive.
Cons with Solutions
- Not for industrial use or big projects.
- Not a great one for beginners or amateurs.
- The Arbor lock button is cheap.
Solution: if you are an ameteur or a beginner, it is wise to not get a bit training before using this one. Also, try to use this tool in comparatively easy going projects.
VonHaus 20V MAX Cordless 4 1/2” Angle Grinder
The VonHaus 20V MAX Cordless 4 1/2” Angle Grinder is one of the most affordable grinders out there. This comes with its battery, charger, and a cutting wheel in a tool bag. This amazing angle grinder features a powerful motor that spins at 11000RPMs. This angle grinder is engineered with all the marvellous features that include an aluminum motor housing, high-spec motor,and a two-stage paddle-style trigger. With its impressive battery life it can serve the DIY market pretty well.
- Product Dimensions are 17.05 x 9.84 x 4.61 inches.
- Weighs 8.22 pounds.
- Required voltage is 20 Volts.
- This angle grinder comes with a detachable auxiliary handle. This handle offers vibration reduction technology. It gives you smooth and comfortable control while working.
- This grinder comes with lithium battery support.
- Compared to standard models, this angle grinder’s wheel diameter is larger. This allows the user to work with abrasive materials.
- The VonHaus grinder Features the cast aluminum gear head. This contributes in reducing the overall weight of the tool. Consequently, you get a better control over your tool.
- This has extraordinary power that runs up to 11,000 RPMs.
- This angle grinder is one of the best safety featured grinders in the market. It comes with two stage trigger safety features. Thus the tool never faces any false starts.
- The interchangeable 4.0AH battery requires a 100-minute charge time. There is an additional charge light indicator included on the charger.
- The VanHaus has a 115mm disc guard. This guard protects you from dust, debris, and material particles.
- This has a diamond tipped disc. This feature results in a long-lasting blade and comes with a storage bag.
- Packaging includes the Auxiliary Handle.
- Both battery and charger are included.
- Battery life is good.
- Diamond tipped disc
- Is not bulky.
- Easy to handle.
- Works great for DIY or small projects.
- Aux handle technology
Cons and solutions
- Durability is untested
- Motor may start smoking due to non stop use.
- Not the one that lasts long.
- Is not ideal for industrial use or big projects.
- Not beginner or amateur friendly.
- Only 1 year warranty.
Solution: You will be given the choice to extend your free warranty if preferred. Make sure that you are trained enough to use this tool. Also, make sure you use this mainly for your DIY and small projects. Make sure you use this intermittently to give it a longer life.
Best Angle Grinder Buying Guide
Now that you have learned about the ten best angle grinders, it is time to enlighten you with their buying guide. There are certain things that you must consider while buying an angle grinder. But first, you need to recognize the abilities and requirements of your project. Then choose the best angle grinder according to its features and your needs. Thus, you should keep the following consideration in mind.
You will mainly find corded and cordless types of angle grinders in markets. Firstly, corded grinders are the ones that rely on an electrical socket for a power source. They usually generate more power, thanks to their direct connection to the power source. This very same reason allows it to produce consistent leveled energy every time. However, corded grinders may create a little nuisance as it ties you to a physical location. Again, cordless grinders are the ones that are powered by batteries. The counterparts of these grinders usually have less sheer power. Sometimes the low battery causes power to wane. But the great thing about cordless angle grinders is the mobility and maneuverability. You can carry this one in congested places without any hassle.
The general measurement of an angle grinder is based on the maximum size disc they can use. 4-1/2-inch, 5-inch, 6-inch, 7-inch, and 9-inches- are the most common and highly preferred disk sizes. For most DIY projects and other common applications, disks sized below 7 inches works pretty well. However, for industrial projects which require larger cuts, disks sizes over 9 inches are the most ideal ones. You must remember one thing that a larger disk results in a heavier grinder. Therefore, you must carefully pick your angle grinder with the correct disc size for the depth of your requirement.
The speed of the revolutions per minute of an angle grinder depends on its disk size. Higher RPM means easier and swifter workability. In this case, a smaller disk brings about a higher RPM. Keep in mind that higher speeds often make the grinder get a higher temperature. This may result in unexpected injuries. Therefore, make sure you are selecting the correct disk size with a perfect speed according to your task. To clarify, a grinder with a speed of 7500 RPM runs at such a fast speed that it has chances of breaking under force and causing accidents. However, speeds of angle grinders usually range from 5000 to 10,000 RPM.
An angle grinder’s power is usually denoted in Watts (W). You are most likely to find its power stated as max watts out. Pneumatic ones specify input in cubic feet per minute (CFM). These models also come with operating pressure recommendations in (PSI) pounds per square inch. In cordless models, input power is rated in volts (V). Again, in corded angle grinders, input power is represented in Amps (A). Additionally, for easier comparison, medium and large angle grinders specify their power in Horsepower (HP).
You often need to carry an additional case or bag for carrying accessories of your grinder. An angle grinder often needs the following accessories-
- Saw Blades
- Hole Cutters
- Reciprocating Saw Blades
- Router Bits
- Planer Knives
- Hand Sanding. …
- Screwdriver Bits
- Cutting Discs.
- Grinding Discs, etc.
Soft Start Feature
Angle grinders are some of the most powerful tools. They are so fast that turning on may cause recoiling. If the grinder recoils from the motor, it may make the angle grinder jump in the user’s hands. This may result in severe injury. To prevent these accidents, soft start technology was invented. At first, this technology reduces the power output to the motor. Then it slowly increases the power until the device reaches its expected speed. Therefore, this soft-start feature gives you balanced control over your angle grinder to prevent unpredicted accidents.
It is one of the major features to consider. As this is a hand tool, ensuring hand comfort is important. There are multiple switches for various operations in an angle grinder. It is wise to look for an angle grinder with both sided handle positions. Otherwise, there are many left hand and right hand operable angle grinders available in the market. Get the angle grinder that has your comfortable hand position.
Adjustable guard ensures extra safety for the user. This guard is an additional layer of protection. It protects the user and the motor from sparks and dust.
If you want to get your work done efficiently, your angle grinder needs to have enough performance values. If you are in any polishing task, allow 500 watts. Again, you should allow a thousand watts for grinding. Furthermore, for cutting through any strong metals, get an angle grinder with 2500 watts. Also, you must allow 1500 watts when you want to cut through comparatively weak materials.
Angle grinders are available at a wide range of prices. The prices mostly depend on the blade type, speed, watt, wheel size, and power maintaining capability. Sometimes brands also matter as the materials vary from brand to brand. So before researching, make sure you know what brand, feature, and materials you want.
Among all the mentioned best angle grinders, our most favorite one is the DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool. This one is undoubtedly the step-up pick. Compared to its weight and size ratio, this delivers extreme durability and great flexibility. In this plastic and metal tool, you get a powerful AC/DC motor of 11 amp. This great deal of power allows you to smoothly fly through your projects! This is equipped with a one-touch guard that allows for 360 degree rotation. This DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool delivers 11000 RPMs that make you deal with your projects with ease. This 12 inches long compact angle grinder is greatly maneuverable and easily transportable.
If safety is one of your major concerns, then the DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool should be your first choice. It features a one touch guard. This crucial safety feature helps reduce all the risks of injuring yourself while using this. Besides, this tool is engineered with a paddle switch with a safety lock off. This feature prevents accidental start up and projects you from accidents. This amazingly lightweight tool is engineered with a two position handle. Consequently, you get to hold this best angle grinder at a comfortable hand position. Also, the small gripping surface adds to this comfort. This convenient angle grinder includes a top mounted and protected spindle lock button to maximize the depth of the cut. Again, it includes a wrench for making the necessary adjustment process easy. The quick change wheel release enables tool free wheel removal and makes the procedure effortless. Above all, the angle grinder comes with a dust ejection system. This wondrous feature protects the angle grinder from dust and debris produced by material particles. Thus, the motor gets saved from any kind of harmful elements and the tool lasts for a long time. So, don’t hesitate to invest on this and give this a go!
There are plenty of choices for angle grinders in the market. This is why finding the right one for yourself can be a bit tough. It is natural for you to ask if it is important to buy the most powerful grinder with every imaginable high-end feature. Our answer would be no! It completely depends on the person’s work purpose and workability. However, angle grinders mostly come with higher price tags than any regular power tool. Therefore, before investing your money in this power tool, make sure your purchase makes every spent penny worthy. For this, do not forget to research and scour the internet for useful information. We earnestly hope that our guide has helped you to know your specifications. We also hope the ones we have selected with our knowledge and expertise meet those requirements. If you require any further help, do not hesitate to drop us a mail!